Moderated newsgroup PARTS RECYCLING for somebody LOOKING OR SELLING.... > Commercial Appliances
> Machine shop training course, fifth edition, volume 2
Machine shop training course, fifth edition, volume 2
What is for sale: Machine shop training course, fifth edition, volume 2
Machine Shop Training Course, Fifth Edition, Volume II by Franklin D. Jones, published by Industrial Press, New York, NY, 1940, 1964, 6 x 9 hardcover, 566 pages. ISBN (978-0-8311-) 1040-6
Please note this book is new, not used. It is issued new without a dust jacket.
Packed with facts and rules that students can put to use in the shop and tool room, they include everything from underlying principles, to standards, to calculations for every specific task in shop training. Together, they provide an outstanding treatise on machine shop practice. No classroom or workshop where apprentices are being trained can afford to be without these valuable combination text and reference guides.
This book also covers fundamental principles; methods of adjusting and using different types of machine tools - with typical examples of:
* work-measuring instruments and gauges
* cutting screw threads by different processes
* precision toolmaking methods
* typical shop problems with solutions
* miscellaneous facts relating to the art of machine construction and much, much more
* Milling and Grinding Screw Threads
* Milling Flat, Curved and Irregular Surfaces
* Cutting Spur and Bevel Gears
* Grinding Cylindrical and Tapered Parts
* Grinding Milling Cutters and Reamers
* Broaching Internal and External Surfaces
* Chipping, Filing and Scraping
* Tool Steels for Metal Cutting
* We do NOT accept American Express.
* U.S. media (book rate) mail is $5.95.
* PLEASE NOTE that our experience over the past few holiday seasons has been that about one in five books took over four weeks to be delivered to states west of the Mississippi River. Please understand that we have NO control or influence over the how quickly or how slowly the Post Office delivers your book.
If you want to use media (book rate) mail please wait at least four weeks before you contact us to inquire about the whereabouts of your book. And note that all we’ll be able to tell you is the date we mailed it from the Post Office. We will NOT be able to tell you where the book is, or when the Post Office is going to deliver it.
Global Priority Mail is $12.00 to most countries. PLEASE NOTE - NOT ALL COUNTRIES !!!
Global Priority Mail to Canada is $10.00.
First Class International Mail to Canada is $7.35.
First Class International Mail to most other countries is usually more than Global Priority Mail or just a little bit less, so we no longer list it as an option.
Our experience in the past few years is that MAILING OVERSEAS HAS BECOME SOMEWHAT RISKIER AND MUCH, MUCH SLOWER. We have seen a handful of books take nearly two months to be delivered. Italy particularly seems to have problems: books we have mailed to Italy seem to always take at least three or four weeks. We’re sorry, but there is nothing we can do about the postal services of our respective countries.
The history of industrial, transportation, and agricultural development
From Steam Engines . . . to Spacecraft
Aemail@example.com (Angelique Hunter) (email hidden).